By Naomi Neft and Cynthia Rothstein
Here is a fabulous Mother’s Day dessert sure to please Mom—and everyone else! It’s light with a surprisingly rich chocolate flavor and is so easy to make. It’s one of our all-time favorites!
Chocolate Pots de Crème
1¼ cups light cream
1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
2 egg yolks
2-3 tablespoons brandy (optional)
whipped cream and shaved chocolate to garnish
1. Pour the light cream into a pan and heat until scalded.
2. While the cream is heating, put the chocolate chips, egg yolks, and
brandy in a blender.
3. Add the scalded cream and blend until smooth, about 10 seconds.
4. Pour into individual glasses or ramekins, cover with plastic wrap, and
refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
5. Before serving, top with whipped cream and shaved chocolate.
Taken from Recipes for Our Daughters by Naomi Neft and Cynthia Rothstein. The book is available at Keesal & Mathews, 1244 Madison Avenue between 89th and 90th Streets, 212-410-1800.