Business Class: What We Need to Travel in Flight to Amsterdam
Amsterdam is one of the most visited cities in the world. Packed with museums, theatres, nightclubs, and restaurants it promises a great pastime not depending on whether you travel for work or pleasure. If you take a business class to Amsterdam, a positive experience will start even before landing at the airport! And in this post, we want to discuss what items you might need during the flight.
What to take on board
Business class reduces the list of necessary things to the minimum because it literally has everything you might need. However, there are personalized items that you shouldn’t forget. Especially if the flight takes more than a few hours. Here are the basic essentials:
- Comfortable change of clothes. Although business class offers pyjamas, you might want to take a t-shirt or a hoodie dear to your heart. Make sure it is comfortable, soft, and doesn’t restrict movements.
- Portable charger. Another item to pack into your carry-on luggage is a portable charger that suits all your devices – smartphones, tablets, laptops, wearables, etc. It doesn’t take much space but can be a real lifesaver.
- Pillbox. It should include not only prescription medications but pills you might need during the flight. You never know when a headache or digestive issues might happen. If your luggage is lost, it will be rather problematic to find a refill at an Amsterdam pharmacy.
- E-book. Most of us have a list of books to read but there is always so little time. Why don’t you load several of them on your e-reader and spend the time with use? Especially when sipping tea or coffee with snacks at a business class.
- Laptop. Flights are perfect for working or finishing routine tasks. You might also write notes or plan your trip not to forget anything. Or play your favourite video games.
- Compression socks. When sitting for many hours in a row, your legs might swell and feel heavy. To help your blood flow, always take a pair of compression socks. Especially on a long flight. It is a personal item, so will hardly be found even in business class.
- Personal care products. While a business class to Amsterdam surely offers a kit of lotions and balms, you might want to have your favourite products on hand. Face wash, toners, lotions, lip balms, hand sanitisers, and so on. But make sure that their size doesn’t exceed the allowable limit.
- Valuable items. Losing luggage can ruin even the most anticipated trip. To keep that from happening, take the most valuable things to your carry-on baggage: devices, money, documents, jewellery, and so on.
Benefits of taking a business class to Amsterdam
Business class tickets are quite pricy but after making the first trip in comfortable chairs with all the amenities, you will hardly want to go back to economy class. Here are only some of the reasons:
- Comfortable seats with enough space to stretch your legs and have a quality sleep if needed. Business class also offers pillows, blankets, and other items for your maximum convenience.
- Kit with amenities. All business class passengers receive a small bag with basic necessities: eye mask, earplugs, face and hand lotions, toothbrush and paste, and so on. These amenities are usually produced by luxurious brands.
- Better and more diverse food. Forget about standard menus because business class offers a broader selection of dishes and beverages that are personalized to your needs and preferences.
- Immersive entertainment. We are talking about bigger flat screens and improved audio/visual effects for those who like watching movies or playing games during the flight.
- First priority. Extra perks of the business class include a separate check-in desk, access to lounge areas, and priority boarding.
Several final tips
Business class flights are more convenient but can also be a challenge if you don’t know several secrets. For example:
- Drink water. Cabin air is very dry and the last thing you need is to be tired and look exhausted.
- Avoid caffeine and sugar. They make most people anxious and you might find falling asleep on the plane more difficult.
- Use white noise. Those who are used to sleeping in complete silence will surely need white noise apps to have a quality rest.
- Rest. Not depending on your travel goal, there are busy days ahead in Amsterdam, so use your flight time to recharge the batteries.
Airlines want their business-class guests to feel comfortable and relaxed, so they guess all their desires by offering a soft blanket, aged wine, and luxurious body lotions. But there are still personalized items that you shouldn’t forget including medicine, chargers, and e-books. Remember to check out the local rules because you might also need a Schengen visa and a vaccination certificate. Welcome to Amsterdam, you will love it!
Photo by Joshua Sukoff on Unsplash
Contributed posts are advertisements written by third parties who have paid Woman Around Town for publication.