Does anyone really enjoy a trip to the dentist? Whether you are a child or an adult, having someone poking around in your teeth can be overwhelming. However, it’s one of the necessary things that we have to do to maintain our overall health. When it comes to dental procedures, though, you might be looking for a solution for pain relief afterwards that doesn’t involve needles or heavy medicines.
Natural pain relief after tooth extraction may seem like a daydream, but it’s real and it could really help you. You don’t have to dose up on drowsy medicines if you can use things around the home to help you out. Below, we’ve got a list of things that you can use for natural pain relief after the dentist.
- Gauze. You need to have something to bite down on when you are bleeding and gauze is there to stop the blood flow and help you to stem the pain at the same time. You need to be able to slow the flow to feel less pain!
- Hot & Cold Compress. The side of your face is going to be swollen and sore after you have visited a dentist – especially if you’re going to have a tooth out! With the alternating hot and cold compresses, you can relieve the pain, relieve the swelling and generally feel much better.
- Salt Water. Salt water has been a remedy for pain for generations. Gargling with salt water may not seem like the nicest thing to do (NB; it’s not) but it’s also fantastic for warding off infections and one of the most effective home remedies for faster healing. Your health depends on your recovery and you deserve to recover quickly.
- Cloves. In your spice cupboard, you might have cloves sitting for your baking recipes. It’s easily available in supermarkets, too, and all you have to do is hold one between your teeth to relieve pain. It’s one of the oldest remedies out there and it still works today. Clove oil is another that will work here and it’s perfect for dry socket after tooth extraction. It has antiseptic and analgesic properties and it’s so effective for numbing the area, too.
- Arnica. You might already know that arnica is perfect to reduce bruising and it’ll work on the gums, too. It can promote fast healing and relieve the pain, which is perfect after you’ve had a tooth removed.
You deserve to heal properly and to be able to do that, you need to be able to feel comfortable. Not everyone is comfortable with taking medications from the pharmacy to get through the pain. With these tips and techniques, you can ensure that you are pain free in no time at all. Going to any appointment where you have to have a procedure can be difficult if you don’t have effective pain relief. Now you know how to relieve that pain, you will be back to your old self with no waiting around for medicine.
Contributed posts are written by third parties and contain affiliate links. Woman Around Town may receive payment for sales through the links.