We are all hoping that this year will see the end of the pandemic here in Australia and if you are planning a wedding in the coming months, there’s a lot of organising to do. If you have a lot of experience organising events, this will be a breeze, but if this is new to you, it might seem a bit daunting and with that in mind, here are a few tips from the professional event planner.
- Create lists – Create a Word file and list all the essential things that you need to do in order to get things moving. There is affordable luxury limo hire in Perth and you can start looking at potential reception venues, which is one of the first things you need to sort out. Items to include: flowers, music, live entertainment, car parking, overnight accommodation and, of course, the menu.
- Make good use of the Internet – If you sit down with your laptop and your list, you can quickly make contact with vendors, whether booking wedding cars in Perth or flowers in Melbourne, Google is your best friend and can assist you in many ways.
- Sourcing the perfect reception venue – This is the key to a successful wedding party; an established hotel or resort would have all the amenities you need for a great wedding party. If you are planning a 1920s themed wedding, there are stunning country mansions and with a range of vintage wedding cars in Perth, your Art Deco wedding will be a memorable occasion that you will cherish all of your life. Talk to a leading Australian antique dealer about acquiring a stunning Art Deco diamond wedding ring, which is perfect for your 1920s wedding.
- Get the invitations out asap – The sooner you get the invitations out, the better, as people have busy social calendars and with a few months’ notice, your guests can pencil in your event. Include a map to the venue and any information that guests might need about the reception, including car parking details. There are free online resources to help you with wedding invitations, you can choose a design template, enter your information and print.
- Don’t forget to check regarding Covid-19 restrictions – The last thing you want is to arrange your wedding and then find out that the State has issued Covid restrictions. Of course, no one knows the future, but if you bookmark the State website on Covid, you can check daily to ensure that your event will not be cancelled.
The sooner you get started, the easier it will be, plus time allows for unexpected issues to be dealt with and they do seem to come up when arranging a live event. Create a checklist and strike items off as they are completed and lastly, remember that this is a very special day and you should enjoy it as much as possible.
Photo by Pixabay
Contributed posts are advertisements written by third parties who have paid Woman Around Town for publication.