The possibility of smooth, beautiful skin is now more affordable and easily accessible than ever.
Various medical spas are available in most major North American cities offering skin rejuvenation, acne treatment, and laser hair removal. Contact one today for more information.
Types of Services Offered
Medical spas offer a variety of services, including cosmetic injectables, such as dermal fillers, chemical peels, Microdermabrasion, hair restoration, dermaplaning, and laser treatments.
- Dermal Fillers – Dermal fillers are a type of soft injectable gel consisting of stabilized, non-animal hyaluronic acid. This type of material is perfect for adding volume, plumping up skin, and reducing the appearance of lines and folds. Results last from 6 to 9 months and give natural looking results that do not affect facial expressions. Some examples of dermal fillers can also include Botox.
- Chemical Peels – Chemical peels consist of a variety of acids that address the upper and middle layer of skin to achieve revitalized skin. Chemical peels often improve the appearance of skin, minimize signs of aging, brighten skin tone, and reduce hyperpigmentation. Chemical peels are recommended for clients with skin imperfections, acne, oily skin, red stretch marks, and Folliculitis barbae. A minimum of 4 sessions are required, with a recovery time of 1 to 2 days.
- Microdermabrasion – Microdermabrasion is considered a minimally invasive medical procedure. It is often used to renew overall skin tone and texture. Microdermabrasion is considered safe for all skin types and tones. It is believed to help reduce the appearance of wrinkles, sun damage, age spots, fine lines, acne scars, melisma, enlarged pores, and stretch marks.
- Hair Restoration– Hair restoration services include plasma treatments that restore the look and feel of hair after hair thinning and hair loss. This treatment provides increased blood flow to the hair follicles, which improves hair thickness and hair quality. One example of plasma treatment is Autologous Platelet Rich plasma (A-PRP), which exploits the regenerative potential contained in platelets, inducing tissue repair and new tissue generation.
- Dermaplaning – Dermaplaningis a quick and easy treatment, often requiring only 30 minutes to complete. Dermaplaning removes dirt, oil, blackheads, and dead skin cells using a medical blade. Dermaplaning reveals brighter and more even skin. Treatment can be repeated every 2 to 4 weeks, if needed. Recovery time is minimal, with slight redness to be expected the following day.
- Laser Treatments – Laser treatments can be broken down into several categories. For example, IPL or Intnesed Puled Light therapy can be used for hair removal, skin rejuvenation, collagen stimulation, vascular and pigmented lesions, acne, skin toning, anti aging efforts, psoriasis, and stretch marks.
For laser hair removal, one session is recommended every 20 to 30 days. An average of 6 to 8 sessions is often required, depending on the severity of the issues, and skin and hair type. An average of 6 sessions is required for most people to see optimal results, while many individuals see results in as little as one session.
For laser facials, the amount of treatments is similar as well, with one treatment every 30 to 60 days, and an average of 6 to 8 sessions required. In particular, this time frame is recommended for skin brightening and toning. For laser facials specifically targeting acne, one to 10 sessions is required, with one session every 7 to 14 days. It is recommended to wait no longer than 14 days between sessions for optimal results. For skin resurfacing laser facials, 3 to 7 sessions are required, with one session every 30 days. Skin resurfacing improves skin texture, reduces dark spots, stimulates collagen production, and reduces the visibility of scars.
Laser tattoo removal is also available at many medical spas. 6 to 15 sessions are recommended, depending on type and size of tattoo.
Costs Associated with Medical Spa Procedures
The costs of various medical spa producers varies, often depending on several factors. For example, type of service required, experience of medical technician, and the geographical location of the medical spa will all affect cost.
Some average costs include$120 USD for chemical peels, or $650 USD for a package of 6 sessions. For acne treatments specifically, chemical peels costs approximately $85 USD per session or $450 USD for a package of six.
Laser hair removal for the legs costs approximately $250 USD, the bikini area is $120 USD, while a Brazilian costs $250 USD. The chin an upper lip often costs $50 per session, while the full back ranges from $170 to $250 USD. The chest and tummy will cost approximately $120 to $250 USD.
For laser skin rejuvenation, a single rosacea treatment often costs approximately $145 USD. In addition, treatments for sun spots, acne, vascular lesions, collagen renewal, sun damage, and wrinkle reduction can often be found at the same price. Packages of 6 are often $800 USD.
Finally, anti-aging treatment can be found for approximately $160 to $1,200 USD, depending on the type of treatment. Be aware that many of these require more than one session.
Choosing the Perfect Medical Spa
Choosing the right medical spa for your particular needs does not have to be a complicated process.
Firstly, consider asking friends, family, and coworkers for recommendations.
In addition, it is possible to perform a simple Google search for the term, medical spa, plus your geographical location. Visit these business websites and reach client testimonials. Many also provide online portfolios. In addition, many medical spas now have social media accounts that provide additional examples of their work. Consider following these pages, on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
Next, consider sites, such as Google reviews for client testimonials, and sites such as the Better Business Bureau (BBB) for additional reviews as well.
In addition, ensure that the medical spa is tidy and orderly. Ensure that medical equipment is up to date, and that medical spa technicians are licensed and certified.
Choosing the perfect medical spa is now easier than ever. Contact one today for more information.
Contributed posts are advertisements written by third parties who have paid Woman Around Town for publication.