Summer means vacations and long summer weekends. If you’re finding it hard to get back into the swing of things, trust me you’re not the only one!
It’s always a struggle to get back our motivation after time off, and you may need a little bit of an extra push to get yourself revved up and ready for work again.
Dress for the Occasion:
Wear an outfit that makes you feel confident for your first day at work.
Ask your Colleagues:
Talking to people is a great way to boost motivation after a break from work. Discuss work and the goings-on since you’ve been gone, and share worries or issues with them.
I love lists. They can help you get your head together and feel more organized after a bit of time off work.
- Start with listing things you need to do today, then list your larger tasks for the week, the month, and so forth.
- Having short term daily to-do lists and longer-term lists are a great way to organize yourself and work out your schedule.
Work Out Your Routine:
Things are always more natural with a routine. If you’re planning to wake up earlier than usual, why not start setting your alarm at this time a few days before you start work to get your body into a routine? This will mean when it comes to your first day back at work, waking up in the morning will be much easier.
Give Yourself a Break
Remember that it’s OK to feel a bit down on your first day back to work. Work with your body and take meaningful breaks when needed. If you’re feeling wiped, take a step back and walk away. Even a short 5-10-minute break to walk around the office can be enough to boost your motivation, spur new ideas, or refuel your depleted energy stores.
Lisa Bien Bounce Back Coaching
Change Your Life and Create Your Best Life with Lisa Bien
This program is designed to challenge you to change whatever is not working in your life to create your best life.
The program will:
- Assist you in recognizing situations in your life that are just not working for you. Whatever it is – your job, relationships, family…. or just not feeling good about you.
- Change your thinking about your life and look at the real underlying beliefs that helped you create who you are in your life today. Recognize your negative self-talk and change your thought patterns.
- Create the life you want and deserve to live. You’re worth it!